Sunday, December 14, 2008

A day at the Sunlove home opened my eyes to how much I had and how I didn't see how lucky I am. I'm always saying "I'm not pretty enough, I've got no freedom, I don't have friends, I don't have enough love, I don't have enough money... BLAH BLAH BLAH"

A lot of the people there were mentally disabled, and the rest were abandoned by their own family. I never got that sort of treatment from my friends, no matter how little I have, and my family. Aren't I satisfied yet? I should be.

These people staying in the home have no freedom. They don't get to choose what to eat. They don't get to choose what they wear. They don't get a choice whether to go out or stay in. Some of them are more fortunate than others as they get visits from their family, the others, just stare blankly out the window through the metal grills and laugh to themselves when it starts raining. I get to choose when I want to go out, what to eat, what to wear, what hair style I want, and still, I don't think I'm pretty enough or free enough. Shouldn't I be satisfied yet? I should be.

My mum bought some tibits like cakes and candy for us to give out to them. When I was giving them out, the way some of the people there thank me can just make you cry. It's just a small cake in a packet and they had so much appreciation. The smile on their faces just makes your day. I get a lot of things and help these past 17 years. And yet I want more. I should be satisfied.

These people are so full of love and appreciation. They appreciated everything they have though it's not much. If I can have half of how they appreciate life, I think it would help me be a better person.

I feel very ashamed of how unappreciative, demanding and unsatisfied I've been.

Music: Across The Universe by The Beatles.

No comments: